Saturday 27 October 2012

I received death threat because of Beckham –Katherine

Katherine Jenkins is glad she quashed internet rumours that she was having an affair with David Beckham – because she didn’t want her fans to think she could ever romance a married man.  
   
She kept quiet for months after rumours spread that she was dating the footballer behind Victoria Beckham’s back. But the 32-year-old finally broke her silence on Twitter in August.
And she admits that she had to go public in case people had the wrong impression of her.
She said, “I didn’t want people to think I would date a married man. I wouldn’t want anyone to think I would do that to another woman.
“I wanted to put it right. It couldn’t have been more wrong. I couldn’t have people thinking such things of me.’
The opera singer was unfairly accused of issuing the denial as a publicity stunt. However, Jenkins insisted she had no choice as she had been subjected to months of online abuse.
The last straw came when she began receiving death threats.
She said, “From my point of view, I was actually getting months of people saying this to me on Twitter and calling my friends and asking if it was true. It went from being now and again to constant abuse.”
She added, “I was getting death threats before I spoke about it. You wouldn’t believe how crazy and out of control it was getting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment